Phildelphia, PA 19134
T (215) 426 - 7667
- The ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must take direction well, have superior punctuality, a disciplined work ethic & positive attitude
- Must be excellent multi-tasker and adaptable
- Must be able to communicate and work well with others
- Thoughtful worker w/ precise craftsmanship
- Must be able to maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Must be detail oriented!
- An arts and crafts background a plus
· Work with Director of Manufacturing/Operations and Glass Department Head to lead a team of glassworkers to produce a wide array of different glass products, blown and hot cast · Collaborate with Owner and Creative Director, John Pomp and the product development team to develop new products and processes adding to a growing collection of new and innovative works · Maintain utmost level of precision and quality through completion of each piece, while consistently adhering to the studio’s established processes, as well as continuously improving production efficiencies · Train and develop glass team member’s skill sets while ensuring tasks are completed in a timely and precise manner · Oversee an organized and clean studio environment, ensuring that team members are taking care of equipment, tools, and facilities
· At least 10 years glassblowing experience in a professional production environment required · Experience leading and managing a team · Passionate glassblower with a high personal drive to meet and maintain company standards of craft · A mature team player who excels in a collaborative environment · Self-motivated, energetic, and production minded · Meticulous attention to fine-detailed work · Creative problem solver · Ability to work in a fast-paced, physical shop environment · Excellent communication skills
To apply & inquire about more details, send your resume, cover letter, and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org with "job inquiry: Glassblower - Gaffer" as the subject.
- Participate in an interdisciplinary team to support all Engineering initiatives - Employ Solidworks skills to create high level 3D models for custom drawings for client approval - Participate in the generation of product documentation for manufacturing (internal and external) including prints and bills of material using CAD/ERP software. - Document and implement engineering changes as directed by Senior Design Engineer - Participate as requested in manufacturing and design problem solving - Participate as requested in assembly and installation of prototypes, fixtures, or custom tooling - Participate as requested in process documentation - Operate and maintain 3D printer
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, or another related field required - 2-3 years of relevant experience preferred - Strong, hands-on proficiency in Solidworks a must - Proficiency in Excel a must - Experience with Adobe Acrobat a plus - Knowledge of manufacturing techniques, particularly in metal and glass a plus - Knowledge of furniture and lighting standards a plus - Additive and digital fabrication experience a plus - Strong analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills. - A team player with professional integrity, strong initiative and commitment to achieving engineering department goals - Flexibility to move from task to task - Ability to manage several projects simultaneously - Respond effectively to precise direction
To apply & inquire about more details, send your resume, cover letter, and contact info to email@example.com with "job inquiry: Junior Design Engineer" as the subject.
· Work closely with and under direction of the Lead of Finishing and Patina to apply proprietary, high quality finishes and patinas to lighting and furniture pieces · Maintain high level finish quality throughout completion of client order while consistently adhering to the studio’s established processes and finishing standards · Collaborate and communicate with team members to complete tasks in an adequate and timely manner · Maintain organized and clean work area, taking proper care of equipment, tools, and facilities
· Passionate creative maker with a high personal drive to meet and maintain company standards of craft · A mature team player who works well in a collaborative environment · Self-motivated, energetic and production-minded · Appreciation and attention to fine-detailed work · High school diploma, associates or 4-year degree in a craft, design, or related field a plus · Experience working in carpentry, finishing, painting, or other craft a plus · Experience with creating/mixing/applying hot/cold patinas a plus · Motivated to learn new skills and processes · Ability to work in a fast-paced, physical shop environment · Excellent communication skills
To apply & inquire about more details, send your resume, cover letter, and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org with "job inquiry: Metal Artist - Finishing/Patina" as the subject.
· Extensive phone and email communication with customers, showrooms, and sales representatives in the high end Furniture industry. · Respond to general inquiries regarding product specifications, pricing and lead times along with web help and chat support · All aspects of order management: initial review and entry, changes to existing orders, and proactive follow-up · Take ownership of difficult and/or complicated situations as they arise, demonstrating professionalism at all times while working to resolve the matter at hand · Exercise critical thinking and use good judgment to balance customer satisfaction and the best interests of the company · Provide inter-departmental support to other business areas as necessary · Maintain familiarity with our product lines and collections · Strong awareness of and ability to follow company policies and procedures
· 3-5 years experience in Administrative/customer service position · Experience working in the Interior Design or design related field · PC literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office and G Suite products · Superior written and verbal communication skills · Must be able to work thoughtfully and thoroughly with continuous attention to DETAIL · Ability to learn quickly and retain a wide range of small details concerning multiple product types, tasks, system processes, issues, and/or projects · Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-up skills · Comfortable multi-tasking, or, pivoting between tasks on the fly as the need arises · Willingness to learn new products, procedures, and processes as business needs change · A friendly attitude with the ability to be a team player and stay self-motivated in a fast-paced environment'
To apply & inquire about more details, send your resume, cover letter, and contact info to email@example.com with "job inquiry: Sales Support Specialist" as the subject.
· Participate as a team member in the development of new processes, fixtures and tools in support of new products to assure quality, consistency and efficiency. · Oversee and participate in the generation of product documentation for manufacturing (internal and external) including prints and bills of material using CAD/ERP software. Administer the Engineering Change Notice (ECN) process. · Independently research, review and recommend strategic changes on existing products, processes and/or equipment to improve process quality, consistency and efficiency. · Participate as requested in manufacturing problem solving and the testing and validation of corrective measures. · Participate as requested in the design, installation, and debugging of assembly tooling and equipment. Recommend, design and develop improvements and modifications to existing products. · Provide support to procurement staff as requested to identify and develop new supplier sources as required to support both new product and existing product development and improvements. · Confer with suppliers to insure component and product specifications are properly documented, understood and maintained. Follow-up may include inspection of incoming materials to validate supplier performance. · Participate in the evaluation of product complaints and returns, and the development of test protocols to simulate actual product use and coordinate the activities
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering. · 3 – 5 years of product development and engineering support experience, preferably in high-end furniture and lighting. · Strong hands-on proficiency with CAD software (SolidWorks). · Must have demonstrated project management skills and experience working on multiple projects while maintaining project schedules and priorities. · A team player with professional integrity, strong initiative and commitment to achieving company goals. · Experience in rapid prototyping and manufacturing. · UL Protocols -- Working and application knowledge of requirements/regulations. · Strong analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
To apply & inquire about more details, send your resume, cover letter, and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org with "job inquiry: Design Engineer" as the subject.
The ideal candidate for this position should have a strong balance of metal fabrication skills and artistic and creative drive. It will be imperative for the candidate to have the ability to research, brainstorm, critique, and mock up pieces at a fast pace, with attention to detail and the ability to problem solve. We want someone who is able to focus on continuously developing and implementing ideas. This is a full-time position with competitive pay and benefits.
Job Qualifications: Art school graduate-sculpture/metals Basic carpentry skills & construction knowledge Must be able to lift 100 lbs. Meticulous organization skills Strong creative problem solving and verbal communication skills Solid craftsmanship Experience with general metalworking and machining equipment/devices thinking differently Candidates to have similar values: Work Ethic / Good Communications / Positive Attitude / Willingness to Learn / Initiative / Passion / Meticulous Craftsmanship / Problem Solving To apply submit resume & portfolio
To apply & inquire about more details, send your resume, cover letter, and contact info to email@example.com with "job inquiry: Artist / Sculptor'S Assistant" as the subject.
· Read and fabricate from professional blueprints and documentation. · Be familiar with and utilize the full array of fabricating tools and machines. · Familiarity with and understanding of metals (steel, brass, aluminum and bronze) · Fabricate entire pieces and/or subassemblies from raw metal to finished product. · Note areas where jigs and fixtures are absent and would be useful in achieving and maintaining accuracy and quality – share ideas for design and construction. · Monitor quality throughout fabrication process and report/resolve issues as they arise. Share ideas for improvement. · Maintain organized and clean work area. · Maintain a safe working environment and adhere to Company safety policies and procedures. · Consistently work to improve performance and demonstrate a strong Teamwork mentality.
· High School Diploma. · 5-10 years of demonstrated high level custom and architectural fabrication experience. · Superior Tig welding experience and skills. · Ability to understand and use measuring instruments and devices including calipers, micrometers and indicators. · Strong demonstrated experience with general metalworking and machining equipment and devices. · Strong demonstrated experience reading and understanding blueprints/professional documentation. · A team player with personal integrity, positive attitude, strong initiative and commitment to achieving company goals. · Detail-focused with exceptional ‘best of the best’ craftsmanship and skills. · Strong problem solving and verbal communication skills. · Willingness to learn and strong desire to continually expand and advance skill set. · Please include personal e-mail address on resume.
To apply & inquire about more details, send your resume, cover letter, and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org with "job inquiry: Metal Fabricator" as the subject.
Help organize and maintain glass blowing facility.
At least 3 years total glass blowing experience, 1 years minimum full time production experience out side of school and 2 references required. Must be able lift 50 lb Detail oriented team player, must take direction well and have a willingness and eagerness to learn Consistency and accuracy a must, strong work ethic, creative problem solver Furnace glassblowing required - no lamp work Rigorous professional studio - must be accustomed to professional glass blowing environment Must be enthusiastic, reliable, self motivated and responsible Equipment building/ rebuilding a plus Must have a desire to blow glass every second of the day
To apply & inquire about more details, send your resume, cover letter, and contact info to email@example.com with "job inquiry: Glassblower Assistant" as the subject.